Friday, March 14, 2014

snippets



It's all been a bit quiet in this space recently. Some big deadlines and end-of-winter blues had left me a little wrung out. 


Now we have lighter days and signs of green again, I'm feeling brighter and ready for this happily busy season. 


:: I've been adding to my collection of old unfinished patchwork. See herehere, and here for more examples of this obsession. These scraps have some very interesting text hidden inside, more of which another time.

:: I've scheduled a couple of summer dyeing workshops at my home studio including another indigo day. Details here.

:: I've been using instagram much more of late. Say hello if you're there too.

4 comments:

  1. hidden messages in the patches sounds intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad to see you back again and feeling brighter. The winter dark days do sap your creative energy, the sunshine makes everything seem happier I find. The daffodils are wafting in the breeze, a lovely splash of yellowx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your obsesions, Claire.
    Have a nice end of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Claire. So glad to hear that spring is coming your way. It will be interesting to see what you do with all those vintage patches. The backs would be interesting to work into a piece as well...so many possibilities!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.