Saturday, September 07, 2013

quiet saturday


An afternoon in my work room has felt like a rare treat. Holidays and other work have kept me away.


Some ivy-leaved toadflax had made a journey from the back yard through the old sash window twining itself around my little washing line.


The job for today was to clear my inspiration wall. Layers of samples, some going back three years. 


I unearthed some things that might now get more attention.


My head is a little clearer too, ready for something new.

9 comments:

  1. You are on my blog roll! :) Thanks again for your comments on my blog post.

    It's so nice to get rare treats in the studio like this and I always feel better when I clear my space - my head always feels somehow clearer.

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to see the creation of your new inspiration wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wishing some of that toadflax could wend its way through my window....lovely photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearing space is so useful, as is taking some time for yourself. I hope you feel refreshed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely idea to have an inspiration wall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How I wish I had an inspiration wall too! All my walls are too busy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am looking forward to the new works! Amitié, Martine

    ReplyDelete
  8. It'll be good to see what comes of your new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how you feel Claire. I've just switched my countries again for a few months and left my Oxfordshire home and studio for my Vancouver one. Getting to know my WIPs and studio supplies after two months is a job and a half again. I bet you'll have fun making up a new inspiration board. I love to do that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.