Saturday, September 01, 2012

September


My Summer project is complete. Stitched on the beach in Cornwall and then finished off in the Gloucestershire countryside watching the local Alpaca flock out of the window.


It's been a good break. September is here, with some exciting changes in my working life (more soon about this). It seems appropriate to have a new notebook to plan it all out in.


I'm just starting to catch up with emails / comments, but thank you for all the little loom love.  

::  For local readers, Hannah Lamb is opening her new studio next week, with some really interesting workshops coming up. And Alice Fox has an exhibition marking the end of her Spurn Point residency at the end of the month.

Have a good weekend, I'll be back next week. 

20 comments:

  1. Oh Claire, it is gorgeous beyond measure !
    A break is always good indeed, as long as it doesn't last forever ! ;-)
    Looking forward to hearing what the changes in your working life are.
    Have a delightful weekend !
    ox

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw this lovely object yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an enjoyable workshop... I'll post some photos soon. Thank you.

      Delete
  3. Thanks very much for mentioning my new studio. I hope you are having a nourishing time. Looking forward to catching up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you in situ. Hope the move is going well x

      Delete
  4. Sweet journal with stitches. Can see how you enjoyed doing it in the beautiful beach and stunning landscape of Gloucestershire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terrie. It was nice to be able to do some stitching outside. We've had a pretty miserable summer here...

      Delete
  5. The book is gorgeous! I love the texture the stitches give!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's nice to handle the threads and the cloth. Linen and silk are such a nice combination.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had fun away and thanks for the mention. See you soon I hope x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's going well x

      Delete
  7. Wonderful journal! I hope you fill it with amazing plans this year...

    ReplyDelete
  8. A Cornish beach - what a perfect place to stitch...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I was back there now...

      Delete
  9. gorgeous project. would love to make one of those myself. Don't suppose you know links to an easy tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Helen. I made it the pattern up for this one. Pretty basic construction, I'm sure it could be neater. Might have to think about writing a tutorial one of these days...

      Delete
  10. Ah this is gorgeous! WOW

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.