Thursday, August 09, 2012

new threads


I spent some time this week using up some dyes. Onion skin, walnut and my almost exhausted indigo vat. These are classed as substantive dyes (not requiring a mordant) but I dipped some mordanted silk skeins too, so I could increase the variety of the palette.


I'm always looking for thread storage ideas, and I got this one from Sonia. Find her beautiful work here and here.


Thanks so much for all the comments on my last post. I'll be using some of this newly dyed thread to continue with my stitches.

5 comments:

  1. Pegs! What a fabulous idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Claire, these threads are to dye for ! (easy pun, right ?!) ;-)
    What I love about naturally dyed fibers, is that all the colors go right together, no matter the way you mix & match them !
    Thank you very much for the mention, I'm still using this method for storing the silk yarn I dye & use for embroidering.
    Have a great weekend !
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these pins! You can't find them in Spain.Only the ones with the spiral wire in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supersexy threads. What a lovely idea and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.