Saturday, June 30, 2012

old sewing wrap

I've blogged once before about my Grandmother and her sisters who were all keen stitchers, and their collections of sewing ephemera.


Earlier in the week I was searching for just the right shade of old thread to finish off a bit of needle-weaving and remembered this wrap from one of their sewing boxes. 


It's in a bit of a state so I'm thinking it would be nice to revive it a little so I can use it properly. 


Shade 679 was just what was needed. Love of button-hole silk twist must run in the family.

Hope you are having a good weekend. I'll be back next week.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful. What a lovely thing to inherit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh, I adore these treasures left behind by our stitching ancestors. I have never seen one like yours before...with that holder for the thread...what a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm love that old wrap ! And the shine of the silk thread !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is so lovely. How wonderful to have these old time treats passed down, my family didn't keep much, I would have loved to have inherited sewing ephemera especially. Hopefully you can make it useful again, it is a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is so lovely to have treasuries like that ...generations of knowledge and handicrafts magic...

    i´m sure that you will do some wonderful things with them

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so special, such as is the time has frozen in this rusty pins... And wonderful to bring it back to life in one of your works.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.