Tuesday, April 10, 2012

upcoming workshops, exhibitions and an open studio


As the Summer approaches so does the busiest time of the working year for me. There is a lot going on and here is some of it ...

:: As part of Saltaire Arts Trail this May I've been involved in a project called 'It's Life But Not As We know It', a collaboration between artist Tim Curtis and members of local arts organisation Hive. I've been producing natural-dye based inks and colour washes for their very large multi-part life drawings. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished work.

:: I'll be opening my house and workroom this June as part of the new Bradford Open for Art event. Textile artist Hannah Lamb and woodturner Hugh Leishman are exhibiting with me. More details nearer the time.

:: I'm really pleased to be teaching a natural dyeing workshop at The Beetroot Tree Gallery in Derbyshire this July. More details here.

:: There are some new dates for Sustainable Stitch Workshops over on my sidebar.

I'll be back later in the week with some stitching, dyeing, and news of a giveaway to celebrate 100 followers here and on facebook. Thanks to everyone for reading and responding to my blog, I really love to hear from you and to be a part of this creative community.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like many wonderful things are in the works. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So busy, indeed! Good for you!
    I've been missing you for some time ago, until I realized that I had lost my rss subscription to your blog..., don't know how... Now, I'll spend some time catching up with a bunch of posts... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! It's really good to hear from you. Hope all is well x

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.