Friday, December 09, 2011

potential





Sometimes thread holds greater meaning to me than fabric. It's all about the linking, the joining and the connecting. I'm quite particular about the thread I use, and the needles I work with. Skeins of silk have gone into all my recent dye baths so I'm building a naturally-dyed collection. I'm excited about the possibilities and potential work they suggest.

I've been very inspired recently by the work of Judy Martin and particularly the stitch journal that she has been keeping for a year and a half. A daily meditation on time, using thread and hand-stitch. She shares her beautiful body of work, past and current, on her blog.

:: Hello to new readers and followers. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit here.

1 comment:

  1. Hello - I am loving an evening with your blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.