Friday, November 25, 2011

this week



Old cotton lace prepared with alum, drying in my workroom.

I've been getting ready for the first of my Sustainable Stitch workshops next week. One space left on the natural dye day if anyone is interested. Details here.

It's been a busy week, with little space for stitching but I did manage a very brief visit to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Harrogate. The exhibition that stood out for me was by The Textile Study Group and in particular the embroideries by James Hunting and the dyed, patched and pieced work by Jan Miller. I'm hoping there might be another opportunity to see this group exhibition at a different venue with some space and quiet to view the work properly.

4 comments:

  1. I completely agree. TSG was by far the best exhibit x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your courses.....any ideas about doing a conference or the like on natural dyeing sometime? Glad you enjoyed the show in harrogatexxlynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the idea of something hanging to dry, waiting for its next use. Thanks for the links to the textile study group. wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely soft photo of the lace - very evocative.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.