Friday, November 18, 2011

stitching and reading




:: Stitching - the tiny hexagons from my last post, onto some old wool blanket.

:: Reading - a lovely book by Seonaid Robertson called Dyes from Plants (out of print but I found it here).

"[dyeing with plants is] a way of leading people, especially children, out into the world they live in, to observe it more closely and to find a new set of relationships to it, to lead them to have a care for it through the wonder at its variety and complexity."

7 comments:

  1. I really like the effect you achieved with the hexies stitched down in that way....they have melded beautifully into the blanket!
    Im thinning out my books and have some old dye books that I think may be hard to find now, but there are such gems in them and thats quote is so touching....gosh, if only more could see the wonder around us

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so "settled" if you know what l mean. Glad you are having time to yourself..enjoyx lynda
    http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I see these wonderful stitches, you make me doubt about what to do with my silk rectangles. I am in a minimalistic mood by now, so I was thinking of not using so many stitches, but...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love all those wonderful stitches. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hexies on wool, a brilliant idea, and such lovely stitching X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, just discovered your blog this week through the All Colours pool. I have used one of your stitched hexagon photos as colour inspiration for a pattern I designed. Do you mind if I blog it alongside the design? It has your web address credit.
    hello@claireleggett.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this beautiful stitching on the hexagons. What delightful work. Keen to view more of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.