Saturday, July 02, 2011

coloured cottons


Organic cotton ordered from here - really lovely fabric to work with. And finally some better results in mordanting cellulose fibres for my natural dyes.


Very pleased with this palette. I used the buddleja flowers I froze last summer to get these yellows and browns. This season's blooms are just starting to appear in my backyard.


The colours are less dynamic than on silk, but the fabric more functional. I'm planning to use them in some simple patchwork pieces.

9 comments:

  1. luscious shades, calming.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really lovely. I didn't know you could freeze flower heads for dye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much. I think that freezing flowers sometimes gives a more intense result. India Flint writes about it in Eco Colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your fabrics is a pleasure. It's like a garden itself, with al these colours and textures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. l am using some frozen flowers at the moment too...so much fun! love your colours. How are you and the alloment project goingx?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lynda. All well here, allotment is thriving. Hope to put some pictures up on the Out There blog tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Montse. Such a lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been meaning to blog about that organic cotton supplier for ages - you've beaten me to it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Helen, it's really lovely stuff to sew. Just made baby Sonny a quilt from it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.