Sunday, June 12, 2011

logwood


Some very dark shades from a logwood dye bath. Exotic for me, but useful preparation for some work I'm doing for a project called Precious Cargo: Stories of the World for Bradford Museums and Galleries. We are using the museum textile collections as inspiration for some workshop based sessions as part of the 2012 Cultural Olympiad.

::  I'm really looking forward to listening to this radio programme. More details on the taking time blog.

::  Finally had time to read the most recent Selvedge and found a very interesting article about the history of madder dye.

6 comments:

  1. I'm not usually a purple person, but I do like these shades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic Claire, love the colours. You completely amaze me what you do and how giving you are with your knowledge xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, CarolAnn. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. From time to time I think of subscribing to Selvedge...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful purple colours! I really like all your blog as I am so interested in dyeing naturally...so many possibilities, so many experiments to do :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.