Monday, May 02, 2011

patched up


Using the greens from here and here and also a rather subtle colour made using fresh comfrey leaves.


I've been piecing and patching in a meandering fashion. I tried to increase my stitch size, but they gradually get smaller and smaller as I work, so I'm going with it. A very busy May begins here, so this piece might do the trick for me. I can stitch one square at at time when I have the time.

:: Last few spaces available on a natural dye workshop for the Bricolage Collective. More info here.

8 comments:

  1. I have just sent an email to see if there are any spaces left on the course. I am a beginner in Eco dyeing as in India Flint's work. Oh and l would love to meet you as l have admired your work for ages. lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would be great to see you there Lynda. Thanks for the lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this work! The colours, the stitches, the composition... It's so simple and so complex at the same time. And I love the picture with the frame and the basting, amazing...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see your stitching, and such pretty greens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. l have a place..so will see you then. lynda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Montse. I am enjoying stitching this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to meeting you Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Karen. Green seems right at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.