Wednesday, March 23, 2011

this week


I've been doing a lot of running stitch when the opportunity has arisen.


Spring has suddenly arrived and stitching on green silk has felt right somehow.


I'm still working with the silk I dyed last summer. Nettle and elder mainly. Can't wait to start working with plants from this season.



::Getting outside at work has been great.

::I liked this post about running stitch over at Missouri Bend Studio

::And these amazing botanical drawings over at Sophie Munns.


3 comments:

  1. Your tiny running stitches are so effective. That's a very pretty green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My stitches seem to be getting smaller and smaller. I'll need a magnifying glass to do them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely. Very verdant. Such a beautiful process with the found thread and the dye. Miriam x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.