Thursday, March 17, 2011

recent finds

These things have arrived in our house recently.


One of my students brought me some heavy silk satin from an old dress. She thinks it dates from the 1930's. I'm thinking hard about what to use it for, and think it will be very lovely to stitch into. Thank you Ann.


I liked the shape of this piece of oak. The man in the charity shop told me that it had come from the ceiling of York Minster after the fire in 1984. Very strange if true.


A piece of linen pulled thread work. I'm liking geometric patterns at the moment.

Remember to comment on my last post by this Sunday if you want to take part in my little giveaway.

2 comments:

  1. lol Heavens.....do you think theyll want that oak piece back?
    Almost 'deco' that hankie what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seemed strange to me too! Still, you never know...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.