Monday, March 28, 2011

Bricolage workshop


I'm very pleased to have been invited to lead a natural dyeing workshop for the London-based Bricolage textile collective in May. This is part of their Print & Patch Craft series that also includes block printing with Clara Vuletich, and patchwork and quilting with Katherine May.

We'll be dyeing sustainably produced and repurposed fabrics with madder, indigo and weld. A beautiful range of natural colours can be produced using these ancient dyes. I'll be bringing lots of inspiration with me from the community dye garden project, books, and also fabric samples.

For more details and booking information visit the Bricolage website.

5 comments:

  1. That's wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so disappointed I can't make this! I have already booked a workshop in wales, this is right on my doorstep and so nice. I really hope they run it again I would love to take your course Claire and I love katherine may's work too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame Brenna. Maybe next time. Have fun in Wales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This workshop sounds great! The collaboration of the three artists in different but complementary activities is really interesting. I wish I lived nearer!

    Thank you so much for the link in your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.