Friday, February 18, 2011

liking these things...




::This amazing boro textile over on Sri threads.

::An interview with Edmund de Waal over here. I'm about half-way through The Hare With Amber Eyes. The story of his family is fascinating. The connections he makes with the netsuke as a maker himself are described beautifully: thinking, making and telling a story, all brilliantly interwoven.

::Revisiting this book  and feeling inspired by these quilts and the lives of the women who made them.

3 comments:

  1. The quilt book is on my wish list, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boro textiles and Gee's Bend Quilts: also two of my favourites! I've been trying to buy this book too, but it has been out of stock for some time...

    Thank you for visiting my blog. I apreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmm gorgeous post..lovely blog...happy to find u

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.