Thursday, November 04, 2010

'recycling'


In attempting to organise my life/work/home I visited the local tip and recycling centre to get rid of stuff. I was just putting a bag of old clothes in the textile recycling area when I spied something old and quilted spilling out of a brown paper packet.
 

I think it's some sort of old cotton mattress cover. Very well worn, lovely ties, and some nice raw edges on the back.



Also in the brown paper: cotton wadding, all age spotted.


And some lovely printed cotton chintz and a green woolly jumper. Cruel to leave it there, so I took it all home. My mind is now wandering back to the tip, wondering what other treasures might be hiding amongst the bin bags.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this! I took a load of stuff to a charity shop not long ago to have a clear out and came home with twice as much from the same shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire, how lucky to find these. I feel exactly the same as you and would have done the same!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.