Wednesday, August 18, 2010

blue printing



I'd been using a cyanotype kit to treat fabric (more over here about this) and decided to try out the same process on paper and card here at home. I collected weeds and some of my gone-to-seed herb plants to use for the prints. Getting the exposure time right was a bit trickier than when using fabric, but still picked up some lovely details.

I liked the offcuts.




I made a some notecards with the prints above. The photo I took of the finished article was terrible though. Curses to this grey August weather we're having.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I always try to reply to you here if you do.